We are starting to think about back to school and to get us into the groove I made no bake 5 ingredient school safe granola bars. We start school later in the northeast and still have about 2 weeks before school starts, but I am making a list of what I can bake to stock the freezer and make the first few weeks back easier. I started with these easy granola bars that are nut free and have very minimal prep time!
How we incorporate these Easy No Bake 5 Ingredient Granola Bars
- Quick on the go breakfast
- Lunchbox Treat
- Afternoon playground snack
- Late snack when you have eaten early for sports practice
I used Beyond The Equator 5 Seed Butter, I was looking for some fun alternatives to regular sun butter and was excited when I found this.
Sunbutter can have a strong taste and not every child likes it. We found the 5 seed butter to have a more neutral taste. We also love the 5 seed butter with cherry jam on toast or a sandwich for a lunchbox option.
It is packed with superfoods like chia, hemp and flax! You can see the chia seeds in the sandwich. My son really liked the chunky version which had sunflower seeds throughout it as well. For other lunch box ideas you could also use it in your favorite energy bite or try their school safe Seed Butter Oat Power Balls recipe 🙂
You can check out more of my school safe snacks here.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbs oil
- ¾ cup seed butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tbs dairy free chocolate chips extra tbs is optional
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- Measure honey, seed butter, and oil into a medium saucepan and warm over low to medium heat until just bubbling (about 2 minutes), set to low and cook for one more minute
- Turn off heat and move off the burner
- Stir in oats until fully incorporated
- Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips (they will melt)
- Firmly press the mixture into prepared pan
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs of chocolate chip and lightly press them into bars
- Chill for 1 hour
- Cut into desired granola bar size (I made 12 rectangular)
- These can be made with any nut or seed butter, I used Beyond Equator 5 Seed Butter to make them school safe
- These can stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge
- These can be individually wrapped and frozen