A Creamy Green Smoothie filled with a potassium, protein and nutrients from avocados, bananas, spinach and almond butter. We made this first for Earth Day last year so John likes to call it the Earth Day smoothie. We thought it would be a great one to share for St. Patrick’s Day too!
While we are all quarantined and have slower mornings this is a great recipe to involve your children. I have found they are more eager to drink a green smoothie with veggies if they have helped! It is super easy to make. Video of today’s making can be found here. This Creamy Green Smoothie is a great way to fuel up in the morning for home school or regular school once it is back in session. It is also a great option for a healthy afternoon snack before a bike ride, hike or sports! It is kid and mom approved 😊. You can find more of our favorite smoothies here.
Stay Healthy ❤️
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs almond butter
- Small handful spinach
- 2 handfuls of ice
- Gather all of your ingredients
- Add all of your ingredients to a high speed blender
- Blend on high until fully incoporated
- This makes about 16oz-20oz (depends on the size of banana, avocado and handfuls of ice). For us it makes enough for 2 regular sized smoothies or 3 small ones.
- Check out my Children making it here!