We are hopping through Easter week with some bunny inspired bites. These easy bunny pancakes are perfect to get into the holiday spirit or can be made anytime of year if you have a little bunny lover.
What is needed to make Easy Bunny Pancakes:
- Pancake Batter I have shared our favorite simple one below. You can also use your favorite boxed mix or check out a variety of others that I have here.
- When portioning batter you will need to make different sizes: one large (body), one medium (head), one small (tall), 2 medium ovals (ears). I used different sized cookie scoops to make the the different size pancakes easier. Alternatively, you could so use measuring cups or regular spoons as well.
- If you are designing a bunny face I used strawberries and blueberries, but you could also use:
- Raisins or chocolate chips for eyes and nose
- Raspberries halved for ears
- Apple slices for whiskers
- You can skip the oval part of the ears and you can use a half of a banana split length wise
We dipped our bunny pancakes in maple syrup when we were ready to eat, but these would also be fun with whip cream for the berries. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups flour I prefer 1 cup whole wheat 1 cup all-purpose
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup honey or sugar (level of sweetness if your preference) plus extra for dipping if you want!
- strawberries and blueberries to decorate optional
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flours and baking powder)
- Add in the wet (milk, eggs, vanilla and sweetener of choice)
- Whisk until there are no lumps
- Portion batter on a heated skillet at medium to low heat and flip once bubbles start to form (2-3 minutes). Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until done.
- If making bunny pancakes you will need to make different sizes: one large (body), one medium (head), one small (tall), 2 medium ovals (ears)
- Repeat until all the batter is done.
- Have fun making 🐰 and dip in syrup