This easy pretzel bark comes together with 4 ingredients and makes the perfect homemade holiday gift or addition to your dessert table! No special tools necessary and you can customize it with your favorite toppings, I personally love crushed peppermints, but my children love the sprinkles. I love this for a holiday party because it is not messy and a great grab and chat dessert.
How to make Homemade Pretzel Bark
First gather the ingredients and then melt the chocolate and coconut oil in your microwave (It should take 1-2 mins).
Next pour the chocolate on to a parchment lined baking sheet and spread it evenly to the edges of the parchment paper. Then add on the pretzels (there is not particular way to do this).
Then add your topping of choice and pop the pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
When it is frozen solid break into pieces. Serve on a platter or…..
You can also portion it as part of a holiday gift or hostess gift. I personally love the jars, but bags are easier.
Tips & Adaptations
- If you want to ensure this is nut free and dairy free use Ghirardelli Chocolate or Enjoy Life
- Topping Options
- Holiday Sprinkles (festive)
- Crushed Peppermints / Candy Canes (also super festive)
- Chopped Nuts (I would maybe add a little sprinkles to this too for color)
- Shredded Coconut (I would maybe add a little sprinkles to this too for color)
- I have found the best deals on jars at target and michaels
- I tested this out with regular pretzel twists and pretzel slims. While it worked with the slims, it worked better with the twists.
- 2 cups chocolate chips dark, semi-sweet or a combination
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup topping peppermint pieces, sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut…
- 3 ounces pretzel twists
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper
- Pour your chocolate and coconut oil into a medium glass bowl that can be placed in the microwave
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, take out and stir until there are no chunks and it is smooth. If it is not smooth, microwave in 10-20 second intervals. You can burn your chocolate so be careful to do it in short increments. Every microwave is different but it took mine just over a 1 minute.
- Spread chocolate out with a spatula into a thin layer which will cover almost the entire piece of parchment paper
- Cover the chocolate with pretzels
- Sprinkle on topping of choice
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes
- Break into pieces. Save for a holiday platter or portion into bags/jars for gifts.
- Store extra in a zip lock bag or container in a cool place.