These Easy flavor packed Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are loaded with veggies and a fun alternative to taco night! Let the sheet pan do the work and eliminate the need and time of standing over the stove. We love having them in the rotation for an easy and adaptable family friendly meal!
Why I Love Easy
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas:
- You can set this up early in the day when you have free time and cook it when you are ready to eat
- Reheats well!
- It has worked well for a night when we have had waves of eating (tastes good at room temperature too!)
- Can serve as two meals in a week: make double and utilize this as a cook one eat twice meal – serve as fajitas one night and over rice with the avocado cilantro sauce for the second meal!
- Flexible Meal: It works for a variety of diets that you may have in your household.
- Dairy free – if you don’t top with cheese
- Gluten free if you serve as a bowl
- It works with chicken as well as steak if not everyone in your household likes steak
- Vegetarian or non-meat lover they can have just veggies
- You don’t have to stand at the stove & they are super easy to make
- Chop & Measure your ingredients
- Mix it all together in a large bowl
- Pour onto sheet pan
- Cook at 425 for for 20-25 minutes – rotating and mixing once
- Make the sauce while they are cooking or buy a similar one like this one
- Add your favorite toppings & enjoy!
Check out the full recipe below for a side dish idea as well!
- 2 lbs steak sliced (Beef Loin Top Sirloin Steak ) or stir fry beef pre-sliced (works with chicken if not everyone in your family likes steak)
- 2 peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 1 lb Veggies tested with zucchini & brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning *see notes 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tsp salt
Cilantro Avocado Cream Optional
- 1 heaping cup cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 avocado
Cucumber Tomato Salad Optional Side
- 1 1/2 English cucumbers
- 1 pint of tomatoes - about 1 1/2 cups halved or quartered
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 and line 1-2 rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Slice steak and veggies into 1/4 inch strips.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, salt and taco seasoning.
- Add your veggies and steak to the bowl and mix until everything is throughly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Spread out onto sheet pan (use 2 if over crowded).
- Cook for 10 mins and give everything a mix and rotate pan and cook for 10-15 minutes more or until the veggies are soft and the meat is cooked through (reads an internal temperature of 135).
- Note: If you like your steak more rare you can mix your vegetables and steak separate and add the steak to the pan after the first 10 mins of cooking.
- Serve with tortillas or as a bowl with your favorite toppings (cilantro avocado cream, avocado, cilantro, cheese, sour cream).
Cilantro Avocado Instructions:
- Measure all ingredients and put into food processor.
- Process until everything until smooth. Scrape down the sides and process one more time.
- Add water if you would like it thinner.
Cucumber Tomato Salad Instructions
- Halve or quarter tomatoes and cut cucumbers into half moons or quarters.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until throughly combined.
- Taco Seasoning - we do not like things too spicy - feel free to double the spices if your family does
- I have also bought this sauce instead of making the avocado cilantro sauce when I am short on time
Did you make this recipe?I would love to see your creations! Snap a picture and tag @kristanwatson or #foodplaygo on Social Media!