Summer Grilling Tip!
Marinate your chicken and pork before you freeze it!
Today I wanted to share with you these Freezer-to-Grill Chicken and Pork Marinade Packs! I often like to do a big stock up of chicken and pork, separate it, weigh it, add my favorite marinades and freeze it! I have been telling you about how I do this for awhile now and I finally just did another stock up to show you how. You can check out a quick video here!
Why I like to take the time to make Freezer to Grill Chicken and Pork Marinade Packs
- It makes meal planing easier because I already have some set ideas
- It also makes the day I am cooking easier because my meat is already prepped and marinated, I find this especially helpful in the summer when we are out and about much more
- When you buy in bulk often you don’t know how much is in each pack and its helpful to separate and portion it out for your families needs
I separated and allocated 20lbs of chicken and pork and I thought it would be helpful to share how. Below are suggestions and inspiration you don’t have to make your own marinades you can use bottled marinades to make this easier! You can also check out this post with my favorite easy marinades.
How Long will These Last?
- Up to 3 months in the freezer
- 2 days in the refrigerator after it has defrosted
How Do I Defrost Them?
- In the refrigerator overnight (up to 24 hours before you are ready to use it)
- If you take it out the morning you want to use it: set it in a pot or large bowl of cold water for a few hours. If you have the time change the water every 30 minutes. Once it has defrosted place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Freezer Chicken & Pork Stock up!
⭐️Teriyaki Marinade 2x = 6-8 lbs of meat
⭐️Honey Harissa Marinade 2x = 4 -5 lbs of meat
⭐️Yogurt Marinade = 2-3 lbs of meat
⭐️Pesto – 1 cup
Chicken – 9.25 lbs
Teriyaki (homemade) – 2 lbs
Yogurt Marinade (homemade) – 2.5 lbs
Pesto (store bought) – 2 lbs
Plain for a slow cooker meal or new recipe – 3 lbs
Pork Tenderloins – 9.75 lbs
Teriyaki – 2.5 lbs
Teriyaki – 2.5 lbs
Honey Harissa – 2.5 lbs
Honey Harissa – 2.25 lbs