Who hates taking their mixer out – I do!! This beautiful tart comes together in a bowl without your mixer! Bonus it takes about 15 minutes to prep and it is made with oat flour and almond flour which makes it gluten free. I am excited to bring this to a dinner tomorrow night with friends (I am also making my favorite chocolate chip cookies for the kids). I made this tart a few weeks ok with raspberries.
But, the cherries are so sweet right now, I could not resist trying it with the cherries instead. The raspberry version was good, but the cherries add a perfect balance to this tart and it is delish.
You can enlist your kids to pit the cherries – they love helping!
Have a great weekend!!
- 2oz Butter
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¾ cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7 Large Egg Whites (1 cup)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 oz Plain Greek Yogurt I used 0%
- 2 cups of cherries pitted and halved (I have also used raspberries)
- Brown the Butter - melt the butter in a small pan and cook over medium to low heat until light brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes (see note)
- While the butter is melting, measure the flours, baking powder and salt and whisk together in a medium bowl
- In separate bowl (or I like to use a liquid measuring cuwhisk together the egg whites to combine
- When the butter is done browning, remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl
- Mix the sugar with the butter
- Add the yogurt to the sugar and the butter and mix to combine
- Fold in the eggs whites to the flour mixture and then add the butter, sugar and yogurt mixture
- Fold in most of the cherries (I left 16 halves remaining)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let chill for 1 hour (can be prepared day before)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9 inch tart and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan
- Sprinkle the remaining cherries over the top
- Bake for 30-35 minutes – until the edges are golden and it will “bounce-back” when you touch it or you can insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean
- Let cool 10 minutes before placing onto a cooling rack
- Cut into 16 squares or 24 rectangular pieces