Easy and Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies that come to together with 3-5 Ingredients. They are naturally sweetened with fruit, dairy free, vegan and gluten free! This recipe was inspired by two of my goals for the new year. One being for our family to eat less refined sugar and the other is to create more video content for all of you! We all got used to having treats so I am trying to change the expectation of what treats or after dinner snacks are these are a great option. I also love that they are healthy enough for breakfast or a snack. They also freeze well so you can make a big batch and use for easy and quick breakfasts.
For my video content goal I thought it would be fun for the new year to start 5 ingredient recipe video series. Especially since easy recipes with limited ingredients is always requested. This was my first one! You can check out the video here. You can watch more on IGTV or subscribe to my YouTube channel for future videos 🙂
I love how flexible and easy these cookies are. You can actually make them with only 2 ingredients if you would like! They work with just bananas and oats, but I like the addition of the other ingredients to make them more flavorful and fun. I added nuts and cinnamon, but there are tons of other ways you can customize these cookies.
Alternative Additions for Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Nut Butter
- Seeds – Pumpkin, Sunflower, Hemp, Flax or Chia
- Chocolate Chips (you are adding sugar)
- Veggies – Grated Carrot or Zucchini
- Dried Fruit – Raisins, Apricots, Dates, Dried Cranberries (these usually have added sugar)
- Other Spices – Nutmeg, Cloves, All Spice, Ginger, Cardamon.
- 1-2 Ripe Bananas see notes
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (Make sure to use Gluten Free if you have an allergy) I use regular but you can use instant
Extra Ingredient Options (add 1 or all!)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Optional
- 1/3 cup Add-Ins Optional/Flexible: Nuts, Raisins, Seeds, and other dried fruits are other options
- 2 tbsp Nut Butter Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas until they are almost a puree.
- Add in remaining ingrediets and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a medium scoop or tablesppon measure and scoop your cookies on to parchment lined baking sheet. They will not spread so you do not need to worry about how you space them on pan.
- Optional: You can flatten with a back of spoon since they will not spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 days or freeze.
- 1 Banana was not quite enough to hold the oats together well, but it did work if you only have 1. 2 Bananas yielded a very sweet cookie which my children loved. 1.5 bananas is probably perfect.
- These can be frozen for up to 3 months.