These healthy and easy pizza muffins come together super fast thanks to a yeast free dough and will be a sure hit in your house! The recipe for the dough is adapted from the skinny taste bagel recipe that we love. It comes together with 4 simple ingredients (flour or choice, baking powder, salt and Greek yogurt) and there is no resting time.
The rest of the main ingredients are sauce (we love the pizza sauce from Whole Foods) and cheese. You can even try making these with pesto which is on my list to try. There is also an option to add veggies for some extra nutrients but my kids will tell you they prefer them plain with veggies on the side. You also have the option to add any of your favorite pizza toppings: sausage, pepperoni, peppers, olives…..
How to make Easy Pizza Muffins
After you have made the dough just simply roll it out into a rough rectangle (you can see that mine is not perfect! I like to do it on parchment paper to keep the mess to a minimum and I find it sticks less. Next add your toppings of choice.
After you have added your toppings, roll your dough tightly into a log.
Then slice it into 12 pieces. My ends are always a little smaller.
Add them to your greased muffin tin. Lastly, you have the option to brush them lightly with a garlic butter or add a little extra cheese if you want. My kids love them brushed lightly with a little garlic butter to combine their two favorite things garlic knots & pizza. The garlic butter it is totally optional but we highly recommend it!
Then bake – that’s it! I love to make a big batch to feed us for 2 lunches or for a quick snack or for when my children have friends for lunch! These can even work for an easy dinner with a big salad! If you are looking for a regular pizza dough and other pizza inspiration check out my other pizza recipes here.
Dough (adapted from skinny taste)
- 2 cup unbleached all purpose flour or whole wheat or gluten-free mix (see note below)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky.
- 1/3 tomato sauce could use pesto too!
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional Toppings: cooked broccoli, olives, peppers, pepperoni, sausage
- Garlic Butter: 1 tbsp of butter melted mixed with 1 minced garlic clove
- Extra Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray a muffins tin with oil to avoid sticking
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles at first but combine until it forms a smooth dough (I like to switch and use my hands to fully form the dough) - https://amzn.to/3eslZxyIt should be smooth and not sticky when it is ready
- Working on a lightly floured surface or piece of parchment paper roll your dough out into a rectangle, this does not have to be perfect as you can see from my picture above, but it should be about 12 x 16
- Add your sauce & cheese and additional toppings if you would like
- Starting from the top of the longer side roll the dough up tightly until it forms a log
- Cut into 12 slices (my ends were slightly smaller
- Place them into the muffin tin
- Brush with garlic butter or sprinkle with extra cheese (optional)
- Bake for 10 minutes on the lower rack and then rotate and back for 10 mins on the upper rack or until they are lightly browned
- Let cool 5 minutes before devouring!