My children LOVE Halloween (almost as much as Christmas) and really get into the spirit of it. So I like to get festive with healthy halloween themed breakfasts and lunches. This also makes healthy food more fun and gets them more excited to eat it. For halloween week I had fun getting us into the spirit by creating a lot of festive lunches. I tried to keep it simple and easy for more creative ideas lunches by lindsay has a ton!
- Quesadillas cut in halloween themed shapes and banana ghosts
2. Cream Cheese and Jelly Witche’s Hat and Broom with Creepy Carrot Fingers and a Spooky Raisin and Date Spider
3. Cheese Ghosts, Mummy Apples, Jack’o’Lantern Peppers and my Healthy Brownie Bite Bat
I also had fun spicing up breakfast with my pumpkin pancakes and a super easy and healthy Halloween ideas for kids is Ghost and Bat Toast with Clementine Pumpkins
Some of these items are great ideas for class parties or to take to a Halloween gathering as well. It is great to have some healthy options to fill up on to help prevent eating too much candy.
Healthy Halloween Ideas for Kids to take to parties
- I like putting the banana ghosts and mummy apples on popsicle sticks
- Jack’o’Lantern Peppers are fun to fill with dip or guacamole
- Clementine pumpkins are really simple and a fun favorite
- Mummy Hot Dogs are a huge hit (not the healthiest but it is a non-sweet)!
You can check out the Mummy Hot Dogs and some other ideas here Easy Kid Friendly Halloween Recipes! I have made them for dinner the last 2 years and brought them to our neighborhood party as an alternative to pizza.
We got super lucky this year. The weather forecast was horrible filled with rain and high winds, but it cleared in time for the school parade and to go trick or treating 🙂 Hope you had a wonderful Halloween -we had a fun time with our Halloween crew!