If you are looking for an easy and/or last minute cookie recipe look no further these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are quick, and super yummy! They are an old fashioned recipe, I have an index card from my grandmother with the ingredients! They come together with simple staples of peanut butter, egg and sugar. I added sprinkles for some holiday flare but you can leave plain or even add chocolate chips. They are naturally flourless & dairy-free so great easy option for a friend or family member who is n tolerant to gluten or dairy.
Tips & Adaptations for 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- I use natural peanut butter but you can also make these with Skippy, Jif, etc…..
- I added holiday sprinkles for Christmas but you can use regular or non-pareils.
- Additionally, you can leave these plain or add chocolate chips as another variation.
- I used this small cookie scoop and made 30 mini cookies but you can use a tablespoon or a medium scoop and make 15 larger cookies.
- Make Ahead!
- Freeze baked Cookies
- You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. Place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are completely frozen. Then transfer them to freezer bags or an airtight container. To reheat the frozen cookies, bake in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes, or until until warmed through.
- Freeze Dough
- You can make the dough ahead of time, freeze on baking sheet and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container. When ready to bake, place on baking sheet and allow the dough to come to room temperature (while oven is heating up) or add 2-4 minutes to the baking time.
- Freeze baked Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used natural but you can use any creamy type
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Measure and mix together all ingredients until throughly combined.
- Portion cookies out with tablespoon, small or medium scoop (I made these mini with a 1 inch scoop).
- Roll the dough into a ball and roll into desired sprinkles (if using) and place on parchment sheet (they don’t need to be spread out too much).
- Press cookies down in a criss cross pattern with the back of a fork or just press down with your fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for 5 before enjoying!