Mini Cranberry, Brie and Pistachio Bites are the perfect appetizer to make for your holiday occasion! This recipe makes entertaining easy. These little bites can come together with minimal time and ingredients and they can be made ahead of time! I use pre-made phyllo dough cups and easy homemade cranberry sauce (recipe in notes below). Canned whole cranberry sauce also works great.
These brie bites really are a very easy holiday appetizer and fast to put together. Homemade cranberry sauce comes together in 10 minutes but if you buy it, this recipe is even faster. Once you have all your ingredients out, cut your brie into 15 pieces. Then place a piece of brie into each cup and top with 1/2 tsp of sauce. Bake them without the pistachios. While they are baking, chop your pistachios and top them while they are warm so the pistachios stick.
Adaptations for Mini Cranberry, Brie and Pistachio Bites
- Use a whole berry jam or cherry jam if you do not like, cannot find or do not want to make cranberry sauce. Make sure there are chunks of berries or cherries.
- I love the green color of the pistachios for the holidays but if you prefer chopped pecans or walnuts would also work well.
- The phyllo cups make this recipe super easy, but if you cannot find them you can use a crescent dough and cut out circles and place into a mini muffin pan.
- You can prepare these ahead of time and wait to bake them until your guests arrive. Then bake, top with pistachios and serve them warm. You can also bake these ahead of time (up to 1 day) and serve them at room temperature. They are delicious both ways!
Everyone loves baked brie, but doesn’t always want to hold a plate and a fork and now you can enjoy it in an easy little bite!
This is easy appetizer #1, be on the look out for 2 more! What is your favorite easy holiday appetizer?
- 1 Package Mini Phyllo Cups 15
- 5-6 ounces of Brie I used 1/2 of a 12 ounce wheel and had a little left over
- 1/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce I made mine but you can buy it - see recipe below if you would like to make
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- Make and cool cranberry sauce or buy!
- Preheat oven to 325
- Line phyllo cups on a small sheet pan with a rim or in a mini muffin tin
- Cut brie into 15 small pieces and place a piece in each cup
- Top brie with 1/2 tsp of cranberry sauce
- Bake for 15 minutes (until lightly bubbling)
- While they are baking chop your pistachios by hand or in a food processor
- Top with chopped pistachios while still warm
- These can be served warm or made up to 1 day in advance (wrap and store in refrigerator)
- If you don't like cranberries you can substitute the cranberry sauce for a whole berry or cherry jam.
- You can substitute the pistachios for another nut - I think chopped walnuts or pecans would also work very well here. I love the green color for the holidays and taste of the pistachios.
- 6 ounces Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup of water or apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce to low and let it simmer 10-15 minutes (until thick)
- Let cool before using
- Note - I usually make this ahead of time to have for a variety of uses (I like in overnight oats)