Nut Free Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bites that are the perfect snack, great for a lunchbox or a yummy healthy treat! They are packed with oats and healthy whole ingredients. They are:
- Gluten Free
- Naturally sweetened with no added sweetener
- Whole 30 and paleo approved!
These energy bites are made with 5 ingredients and come together super fast! You can check out my video on how to make them here.
And in case you are interested a little background to why I developed these Nut Free Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bites:
I had pinned a recipe for nut free energy bites that didn’t have sunbutter because we were looking for something different. My children enjoy these as a little treat for their lunchboxes and for school snacks, but when I went to make them I realized a few things.
1. They seemed overly sweet, I wasn’t sure why I needed so many dates + maple syrup, the dates alone should be sweet enough.
2. Did I need that many dates, could I simply add a little water at the end to bind them.
3. Could I add some protein to them that wasn’t a seed or nut butter. I decided hemp seeds would be a great addition. They have a neutral taste and would add some protein and omegas and a lot of other great nutrition.
4. I didn’t have enough dates, but I had raisins. We love raisins so I decided to experiment and came up with these nut free cinnamon raisin energy bites.
I played around a little and was super excited when these turned out super yummy, super easy and we had 100% approval rate in our house (it is usually 75% since we all have different favorites). Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
- 1 cup Raisins/Dates I use half and half but you can use one cup of just raisins or 1 cup of just dates.
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 2 TBS Water
- 2 TBS Hemp Seeds
- Measure and pour your oats, hemp seeds and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Process them until the oats are mostly the texture of flour (it is ok to have some full oat pieces).
- Add in dates/raisins and process until broken up (about 30 seconds).
- Add in water and process until it forms a dough (have patience here it may take 1 full minute).
- Using a small 1 inch measuring scoop or a teaspoon measure and portion out your bites.
- Eat right away or chill for 30 minutes. We enjoy these at room temperature or cold.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (if they last that long in the freezer for up to 3 months).