I love using seasonal produce for yummy treats! This week I made a Dairy Free Olive Oil Stone Fruit Cake. It is the perfect light summer dessert.
It is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the olive oil makes it super moist. I thought you would really taste the olive oil, but you do not! Pictured is a mix of peaches and nectarines because that is what I had on hand, but feel free to use whichever you have/prefer or a different stone fruit – this would work well with plums as well as cherries too!
I used 3 because my kids do not love cooked fruit. Feel free to use more, I think this would be good with an extra peach mixed throughout the cake. For the same reason, I layered the peaches on the top and bottom so that they were not overpowering. You can pair it with your favorite dairy free (or regular) ice-cream if you want to make this an extra special treat but it is delicious on its own.
I used a spring form pan, but you can also use a regular cake pan. It is hard to get a picture of him standing still these days – but my olive oil and stone fruit cake is toddler approved!
If you love stone fruit you should also check out my healthy stone fruit crisp.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 ripe peaches and nectarines see note
- ¼ tsp cinnamon optional
- 2 cups flour I used 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Measure almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a liquid measuring cup and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9 inch spring pan with parchment paper and lightly oil
- Slice stone fruit into thin (1/8 incslices (or chop see note)
- Line ½ of the fruit on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with half of the cinnamon and reserve the other half of the fruit and cinnamon for the top
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl
- Whisk eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla into the almond milk and vinegar
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan
- Line the remaining peaches on the top
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon
- Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely