One Bowl No Fuss Peanut Butter Cup Brownies for holiday cookie #3. Cookies and bars fall in the same category for me and we are big chocolate lovers so our list had to include a brownie!
This recipe is adapted from my favorite easy homemade brownie recipe from inspired taste. They are a must make indulgent treat. These brownies are dense, moist, and have the fudgy texture we love. They are super chocolatey (and not too sweet) with the special addition of peanut butter and peanut butter cups.
These Peanut Butter Cup Brownies come together easily with cocoa powder and less than 10 ingredients in one bowl.
To make the brownies all you have to do is melt the butter, whisk in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla. Finally fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Pour the batter into your parchment lined pan.
Then dollop the peanut butter on top all over the batter.
Next Swirl the dollops and top with chopped peanut butter cup pieces.
Finally bake, cool, cut and try and not eat the entire batch 😉. We made these as part of our 12 days of Christmas cookies, but they are great any time of the year. They are an especially good use of leftover Halloween candy.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar They are not overly sweet feel free to add more sugar 1/4-1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large cold eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1-1 gluten free flour can be used
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used natural
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat the to 325 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a medium microwave safe bowl melt butter in the microwave (1-2 mins) and let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar
- Whisk in eggs one at a time
- Whisk in cocoa powder and salt until no large lumps of cocoa powder are left
- Fold in the the flour with a spatula and stir until fully incorporated (The batter will be thick).
- Pour the batter in prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Next add dollops of the peanut butter through the pan and then swirl with a knife.
- Lastly, top with chopped peanut cups and lightly press them in to ensure they stick.
- Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
- Cool completely then remove from pan. For easiest cutting use a plastic knife and / or pop into the fridge for 30 mins.
- Cut in 24-36 pieces depending on the desired size you want.
- Store in a sealed container for 1-3 days for best taste or up to a week in the fridge or these freeze amazingly! We actually really enjoy them as frozen treats! They can stay in the freezer for up to a month.