Hello – I hope you you enjoyed the weekend, we had beautiful weather weather and enjoyed a lot of family beach and pool time!
I have talked a lot about keeping it simple and flexible for the summer so I thought I would share some easy, fast, and flexible dishes and snacks over the next week. They all can be made with less than 15 minutes of prep work and without your oven to keep your kitchen cool in the summer and keep you at the beach, pool or park longer.
Fast, Easy Side-Dish #1
My dressed up peas with creamy feta & chopped walnuts. These little additions make boring peas a lot more fun and enticing for your family. I love making a big batch of this on Monday and having it in the fridge for a side or part of my lunch throughout the week or it can be added to a lunch box 🙂 This entire recipe can be made in 10 minutes! It is also super useful for a really fast dinner if you have a leftover or pre-made protein.
- 1 lb 16oz frozen peas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook peas according to package directions or I use the directions on the back of trader joes bag - see steps 2 and 3
- Place peas in a covered microwave proof casserole and add ¼ cup of water
- Cook on high for 3 minutes and then take out and stir and cook for another 3 minutes
- While peas are cooking chop walnuts and measure feta
- When peas are done cooking drain and place back into your casserole or serving dish
- Add in olive oil, feta, walnuts and salt and mix together
Yum! Made this for dinner last night alongside pork tenderloin. It was delish! Boys were lukewarm at first but managed to eat their share after deciding that peas taste like green corn!
Yayy thanks for letting me know!!