This super easy ranch broccoli slaw comes together with a creamy yogurt ranch and some fun optional additions. It that can be made ahead and comes together in less than 10 minutes.
It is a go to summer side for burgers, ribs and pulled chicken or pork sliders on a busy weeknight but it is also a fun summer side for potlucks, bbqs and parties. I also find it is a good addition to fish tacos when it is left plain.
Ranch Broccoli Slaw comes together with minimal ingredients, with the option of adding seeds or nuts for an extra crunch and dried cranberries for a little sweetness.
Optional Additions & Substitution Ideas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins or dates
- Instead of seeds use toasted almonds or toasted cashews
- Instead of dried fruit use chopped apples
- Swap regular coleslaw for the broccoli slaw
- Double for parties
- I used Greek Yogurt, but regular yogurt can be used instead for a thinner consistency
- I prefer the taste of the 2%, but any % can be used
- Use your favorite store bought ranch instead of making it – this is mine
If you are looking for more summer side ideas check them out here.
If you are looking for more salad recipes you can find them here.
- 1 - 12 oz bag of broccoli slaw mix
- 2/3 cup 2% greek yogurt plain works too it will be a thinner consistency
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried fruit: cranberries raisins or chopped dates
- 1/4 seeds or nuts: sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds, toasted almonds or toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp water or milk if you you want a thinner dressing consistency
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the broccoli slaw and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Option to add dried fruit and seeds/nuts.
- Eat right away or let marinate at least 1 - 8 hours (I prefer this after it has marinated in the fridge for a little).
- This will keep in the fridge covered for up to 4 days.