A Reindeer Ranch Cheese Ball that is a fun and easy appetizer that is sure to make everyone smile. I love this because it takes minimal hands on time and can be done ahead of time! My mom always made a cheese ball as a Christmas appetizer and I couldn’t find the recipe so I did my best to recreate it and put a fun reindeer spin on it. I am happy to have it back in our Christmas appetizer spread!
This super cute cheese ball is as adorable as it is tasty so make sure to put it on your Christmas appetizer list!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tsp powdered ranch mix OR I used:
- 1/8- 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (option to toast to intensify flavor)
- Reindeer Face: 2 large pretzel twists, 1 cherry tomato, 1 olive sliced for ices
- Favorite Crackers or veggies for serving.
How to Make a Reindeer Ranch Cheese Ball
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature (take out of refrigerator about 2 hours before you are ready to make).
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, seasoning mix and cheddar cheese.
- Place mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2-3 hours (and up to 1-2 days before. overnight).
- When ready to serve, remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in sliced almonds. Top with ears, nose and eyes for a festive reindeer look!