Tip Tuesday – Roasted Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi! The directions on the back of the bag instructs you to either boil or saute your gnocchi which does not work with the cauliflower version – it leaves you with very mushy gnocchi. One day I decided to try and roast it instead to get a crisp on it (the way I love my gnocchi). It was so much better – a little crisp on the outside, but it is still soft and pillowy on the inside. This has become a staple for my husband and I, especially on nights that our children have eaten elsewhere. I keep it stocked in the freezer and it is ready in 20 minutes with very minimal prep time. We may actually like this better than regular gnocchi. Our baby loves them as well! I make this very simple with just some olive oil, parmesan and sage.
Lately, we have been putting it over spinach too (on the recommendation from a friend). You could also toss it with your favorite sauce instead, I think it would be great with Trader Joes kale pesto or in place of pasta in my summer no cook “tomato sauce” recipe. Check out my quick video for how I make Roasted Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi!
- 1 - 12 oz bag of cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ salt
- ¼ cup parmesan optional
- ¼ cup fresh sage chopped optional
- 1 cup Spinach optional – see step 6
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a quarter sheet pan
- Toss frozen gnocchi with 1 tbs of olive oil, ½ tsp salt (and sage if using)
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned
- After about 10 minutes – I make sure to mix it around and then again at 20 minutes (if it needs a little more browning I put it in for 5 more minutes)
- When done, put in serving dish (over spinach – optional) and mix with parmesan if desired