I have made this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad every week for the last 2 months and I thought it was about time to share! Especially because it will be a great salad to make for this weekend. PS how is Memorial Day weekend already?? It started because I have found brussels sprouts (and all of the other ingredients in this salad) easy to find weekly, but I also just really love the versatility of this salad.
Ways we have enjoyed this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad!
*I have made it many nights as a side salad for Chris and I for pizza night
*We have also enjoyed it as an easy salad to make on grill night (goes with grilled steak, pork or chicken)
*Great to take on a picnic or the beach this weekend because it doesn’t get soggy!
*When we are hosting again this is an easy side to make or bring for a hot summer gathering
*Lastly this salad lasts for 3-4 days in the refrigerator so it is a great make ahead lunch option. It is delicious with leftover grilled chicken on top! Most weeks I make this as a side for dinner one night and then get a leftover lunch from it! I eat it right out of the same bowl!
Hope you have some brussels lying around and can make this! Ingredients and adaptations are below! Check out more salad recipes here.
- 12 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts see instructions below if you don’t ave shaved ones
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon squeezed or 1 tbsp apple cider /red vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded manchego or a sharp cheddar or pecorino
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts almonds or any nut will work here
- 1/3 cup chopped apple I put the apple in as a hint of sweetness to balance the flavors if you happen to not have an apple you can skip or add in some raisins
- If you don’t have shaved Brussels sprouts - use your slicing blade on your food processor to shave
- Place Brussel Sprouts in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and lemon (I use my hands and massage them a little like kale)
- Add apple and manchego and mix together
- Let sit for 20 minutes to soften brussels leaves
- Toss with toasted walnuts before you eat (you can make this ahead of time the walnuts just get a little softer if you let them sit)