This Easy Sheet Pan French Toast comes together with 5 ingredients in the oven instead of flipping at the stove top! This recipe allows you to make a large batch of French toast without standing over the stove for a long time. I find it super helpful when you have a little one running around that needs your attention.
You can make this recipe dairy free by using your favorite nut or oat milk. You can make it gluten free by using your favorite gluten free bread instead!
This is an awesome recipe if you are serving a crowd. Whether you are hosting a brunch (when we can entertain inside again sigh…) or hosting family or friends for a holiday this lets you to mingle and not have to stand at the stove. Additionally, it allows all of your French Toast to be ready at the same time and you don’t have to worry about keep the first batches warm. If you have a very large crowd you can simply double the recipe and make 2 sheet pans.
Adaptations & Tips for Sheet Pan French Toast
- Bread – Chose your favorite bread – for healthy breads with not a ton of ingredients we love Whole Foods Touch of Honey or Dave’s Killer Bread. If you are gluten free use your favorite gluten free sliced bread!
- Milk – Any milk works! We like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk to add the hint of vanilla.
- Sweetener – I like using maple syrup for the flavor but you could use honey or agave as well.
- I do not recommend using parchment paper. The parchment created moisture and the bread did not get crispy the way we like it.
- I divide the cinnamon because I find all the cinnamon gets used up in the first few slices. You can add it all at once if you prefer.
- If you want to keep the sugar light, top with fresh fruit or a nut butter.
- My children love when I cut it into strips and they can dip it.
You can watch a quick video here if you want to see it made!
- 8 pieces of whole grain bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk of choice I tested with 2% and unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple
- 2 tsp cinnamon - divided
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray or lightly spread with avocado oil (or neutral oil of choice)*
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into the egg mixture. Make sure bread is fully submerged in the egg mixture. Let excess egg mixture drip from the bread and then place bread onto the baking sheet. Repeat until you have dipped 4 slices of bread.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon and whisk mixture together and then dip remaining 4 pieces of bread. (8 pieces should fit on a sheet pan).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 425ºF for 10 minutes.
- Then flip each piece of bread and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes (time will depend on your oven and how crispy you like it).
- Alternative Instructions: Do NOT flip them and broil for 3-4 minutes!
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite toppings!