Sheet Pan Quesadillas are super easy to make and the perfect meal for a party or for a hungry family on busy weeknight! These were inspired by Multiple Miles last summer and I decided to put my own spin on it with a variety of fillings! I am sharing now because I thought they would be a great idea for a Super Bowl party.
Why I love these!
- You can make this ahead so all you have to do is pop it in the oven to cook or reheat.
- They make a great leftover night meal as a fun to use a variety of meats/veggies.
- Doing it all on one pan saves you time at the stove top from making individual ones.
- Make it with as little or as many fillings as you want.
- This recipe can come together with a minimum of 3 ingredients (no fillings).
- If you want to make with chicken don’t have shredded chicken you can buy it or it is super easy to put it in your instant pot! It can even be cooked from frozen (there is a note in the linked recipe)!
How to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Lay 6 of the tortillas on the sheet pan so they overlap slightly, but about half of the tortilla hanging over. You will want the entire bottom of the pain covered.
Sprinkle half the cheese all over the bottom of the pan. Then add fillings of choice (optional and optional how much you want to add).
Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Then Place the last tortilla in the middle of the pan and then fold the overhanging tortillas back towards the center until all of the fillings are covered.
At this point you can wrap it up and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to cook. Alternatively, you can bake immediately. Spray and sprinkle with salt and place a second sheet pan on top of it. Bake it in an oven preheated to 425 for 20 minutes.
Let it cool and then it into slice it in your desired size and serve with your favorite toppings!
- 7 Burrito Size 10 1/2 inches Tortillas
- 4 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese or a Mexican blend
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Fillings (Optional add as many or as little as you want):
- Measurements are for 1/4 of the Quesadilla - multiply it if you want to do more
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken plain option to add: 1/2 tbsp oil + 1 tsp taco seasoning 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp chili powder
- You can buy the shredded chicken
- Use leftovers from a previous taco night such as chili lime tacos
- Or make one in the instant pot quickly
- 1/2 can rinsed black beans plain or option to season: 1/2 tsp olive oil + 1/8 tsp cumin + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup leftover steak or taco meat
- 1 1/2 cups sautéed onions & spinach see note below for cooking instructions
- Other Ideas (about 1 - 1/2 cups each) for 1 /4 of the quesadilla Roasted or sautéed peppers, Mushrooms, shredded pork, leftover roasted veggies, eggs, bacon turkey bacon....
- Preheat oven to 425 (if cooking immediately) Line an 11x14 sheet pan with parchment paper (easier clean up) or spray with cooking spray
- Lay 6 of the tortillas on the sheet pan so they overlap slightly, but about half of the tortilla hanging over. You will want the entire bottom of the pain covered (see photo above).
- Sprinkle half the cheese all over the bottom of the pan
- Add fillings of choice (optional and optional how much you want to add)
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
- Place the last tortilla in the middle of the pan and then fold the overhanging tortillas back towards the center until all of the fillings are covered.
- At this point you can wrap it up and pop it in the fridge until you are ready to cook or you can bake immediately.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 425 if you did not already, spray the quesadilla with olive or avocado cooking spray & sprinkle with salt (optional) and then place a 2nd sheet pan on top to weigh it down.
- Put the stacked baking sheets in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove the top baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes more (until the tortillas are golden brown).
- Let cool 5 minutes and then slice your quesadilla (I did 3 rows down and 5 across for 15 pieces), but feel free to slice it anyway you would like.
- Serve with your favorite toppings & sauces!
2. Sautéed Spinach & Onions
1 small/medium onion
6-8 oz spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4-1/2 tsp salt Instructions
1. In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 4 minutes or until it is translucent or starting to brown.
2. Add spinach and salt and gently toss to mix with sautéed onion.
3. Cook until spinach is wilted.