Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers with Veggies is a super easy one pan meal and all you need is 7 ingredients! This is one of our favorite super simple flexible meals. It is dairy free and gluten free for those who have families with allergies. Sometimes I plan this meal with a fresh sourdough loaf and other times I buy rolls.
Two of the ingredients are pantry staples (salt and oil), which means you only have to purchase 5. This recipe works with regular sausage or chicken sausage as well as raw sausage or pre-cooked sausage. When I want this as a flexible meal I use pre-cooked sausage for the longer shelf life. We really enjoy the pre-cooked chicken sausage from Costco or Trader Joes. This is one of my easy Costco meals (all ingredients below are from Costco)!
How to Serve Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers with Veggies
- A bowl (with or without toasted bread on the side)
- With a grain (quinoa or rice)
- A traditional sandwich/sub (my kids favorite). We really love these rolls from Costco and they freeze well too if you are worried you aren’t going to use them all right away.
I started added an extra vegetable because not everyone loves onions and peppers. I really enjoy the addition now because I find that it can serve as a complete bowl meal if you want to avoid a grain. My oldest will eat it with onions inside, but my 2 younger guys prefer the veggie on the side.
You can cook this ahead of time. Take out with about 5 minutes to go, let cool to room temperature and cover and leave at room temperature. When ready to serve heat it up for 10 minutes at 400.
To Reheat Leftovers:
Take out and let come to room temperature:
1: Heat up in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes or
2. Saute in a skillet or
3: Heat in your air fryer at 375 for 5-10 minutes.
If you are looking for more easy sheet pan meals check out more of mine here.
- 1 - 1.5 lbs chicken sausage pork works too of choice (raw or pre-cooked works)
- 2 peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 16 oz string beans or vegetable of choice I have also used cauliflower.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Optional Serving Ingredients
- Rolls or bread of choice for serving what we use
- Quinoa or Rice
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (helps with clean-up).
- Slice the sausage into thirds, slice onions and peppers in 1/2 inch slices and chop vegetables of choice into 1 inch pieces (if using can leave string beans normal).
- Add vegetables, peppers, onions and chicken sausage to the sheet pan - drizzle over olive oil, salt then mix (I use my hands) until throughly combined.
- Cook at 400 on the bottom rack for 10 minutes.
- Take out and mix to throughly combine, place back in the oven on the top rack for an additional 10-15 minutes for pre-cooked sausage and 15-20 for raw sausage.
- Serve immediately on its own as a bowl, as a sandwich (my kids favorite), or over rice or quinoa. (Note: You can cook this ahead of time. Take out with about 5 minutes to go, let cool to room temperature and cover and leave at room temperature. When ready to serve heat it up for 10 minutes at 400.