Slow Cooker Chili Lime Chicken is an easy juicy and zesty (but not too spicy) chicken recipe that can be enjoyed as tacos, fajitas, burrito bowls or a salad. It is a family friendly recipe that we have enjoyed over the last few months. I took it with us skiing a few times this winter because the ingredients were so simple. It was great to come home to easy meal after a day of skiing.
I thought this recipe would be helpful to share now because although we have more time to cook it is nice to have some simple meals. Additionally I enjoy having slow cooker meals as the weather turns warmer so we can stay outside longer. This is a simple dump slow cooker recipe with minimal ingredients. I use the Trader Joes chili lime seasoning to make this but there are other brands that make one. My children do not love onions mixed into their meat so I set the onion on top for flavoring and pick them off before shredding.
About 1/2 hr – 1 hour before you are ready to serve I shred the chicken for all of the pieces to absorb the seasoning and juices.
Our children enjoy these as fajitas with avocado and shredded cheese.
For a lighter version I enjoy these in lettuce cups.
Tonight I paired them with corn (frozen or canned would work perfectly here as well I just happened to have fresh corn) and cumin roasted cauliflower. You could also serve this with a simple salad or whatever your favorite easy vegetable is (whatever is left in the fridge or cabinets).
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Click here to check out my other slow cooker recipes!
- 3 1/2 - 4 lbs Chicken Breasts or thighs
- 2 Tbsp Chili lime seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin optional
- 1 onion quarted and placed on top I remove before shredding because my children don’t like chunks of onion
- 1 bottle of beer
- Place your chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Sprinkle the garlic, salt, chili lime and cumin (optional) over the chicken
- Pour the beer over the chicken
- Place onion pieces on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Shred your chicken about 1/2 - 1 hour before serving
- Serve as tacos, burrito bowls or taco salads