These 3 ingredient cheerio bars are an easy no bake, school safe snack bar! They are super allergy friendly as there are no nuts, eggs, gluten or dairy in them! You will not believe how easy and fast they are to make.
They come together with pantry staples. Then just microwave the SunButter and honey together for 1 minute, stir, add in the cheerios and stir again. Then pour into a parchment lined pan and chill – that’s it!!!
SunButter Cheerio Bars are great as a snack, healthy treat, or we have been really loving them as an extra component of our lunch box.
Tips & Adpatations
- While we have been making these with SunButter, if you don’t have a nut regulation at school or just want to make these at home, feel free to swap the SunButter for your favorite nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew …) or tahini.
- We have been keeping them simple, but you can feel free to add in extras
- Chocolate chips
- Raisins or dried cranberries
- Sunflower Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- You can also take them up a notch and drizzle chocolate over
- Swap the cheerios for another small cereal such as Rice Krispies
- We mostly use the SunButter from Whole Foods or Trader Joes, but we also really enjoy making them with Beyond Equator mixed seed butter or 88 Acres Pumpkin Seed Butter. We haven’t tried, but I imagine they would be delicious with 88 Acres Chocolate Seed Butter as well.
If you are looking for more homemade school safe snacks you can check them out here.
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1/2 SunButter
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup honey depends on how sweet you like it
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sunbutter and honey in a large microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute (note if you do not have a microwave you can heat over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, do not let it boil!).
- After the honey and sunbutter has heated, mix until combined.
- Fold in 3 cups of cheerios with a rubber spatula until throughly combined.
- Pour mixture into pan and press down firmly with a rubber spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for 2 months.