Quick and easy one bowl butternut squash and applesauce weekend muffins!! They are naturally sweetened, dairy free and gluten free adaptable 🙌🏻. There are no tools needed and I use canned butternut squash to make this recipe super easy! They are a great rainy day afternoon or weekend baking project to do with your kids.
Simply lay out your ingredients.
Then have your little helpers add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
Next add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined!
Use a scoop to work together and portion into muffin cups (we used these fun silicone ones). Finally, bake and you are done 🙂
Adaptations for these Quick & Easy One Bowl Muffins
- You can use pumpkin or sweet potato puree as well.
- Feel free to play with the spices. My husband and I like the addition of cloves, but my children do not. I think all-spice would also be good as well as apple pie spice or pumpkin spice.
- I tested this recipe with 1 cup of oat flour + 1/2 cup of gluten free all purpose flour blend or 3/4 cup whole wheat + 3/4 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 cups flour tested with 1 cup oat flour + 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend or 3/4 cup whole wheat flour + 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves optional - my children prefer without, I prefer it with
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butternut squash purée use a can to make easy
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup almond milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS oil
- Measure all the ingredients
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Whisk together until thoroughly combined
- Using a large scoop portion out into muffin pan or silicone liners
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- I use can butternut squash puree to make this easy, but you can puree yourself if you have on hand!
- Pumpkin or Sweet Potato puree would also work here!
- This is a great recipe for kids to help out on because no tools are required 🙂