I know how busy this time of year can be so I wanted to share a crazy simple slow cooker chicken dinner meal that can make one part of your life a little easier this month. 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken takes only 5 minutes of prep and is a great easy weeknight staple that is the base to a variety of meals.
Our favorite BBQ sauce is from Trader Joe’s, but any brand works. If you want to make your own this is my favorite recipe (I cut the sugar in half). All you have to do is dump the ingredients and shred! I love making a big batch to have for 2 different meals in one week. Alternatively, it a meal for one week and I pop the rest in the freezer or make the rest into a casserole for the freezer so it is an easy last minute meal for another busy week. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken is also a great easy meal for entertaining this time of year (football watch, holiday guests….)
This shredded bbq chicken is a great base for a variety of meals. Our favorite way is sliders with a ranch slaw, pickles and apples.
Other Ideas for 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Rice / Quinoa bowls
- BBQ Chicken Salad:
- Pizza (or Naan Pizza)
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes or Potatoes
- A Casserole (working on a recipe for this)
How would your family enjoy it best?
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup favorite BBQ Sauce we love the Trader Joes one. If you want to make your own I like this recipe (I cut the sugar in half).
- 1 tsp salt
- Place ingredients in slow cooker and set to low for 4-6 hours. (When I double this it needs at least 5 hours).
- When it is done shred chicken at least 30 minutes before you are serving so it has time to soak up the juices.
- Set to warm until you are ready to serve
- Option to serve with Ranch Coleslaw (see recipe in notes)
- 1 - 12 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup of your favorite ranch dressing - I use my yogurt ranch:
- 2/3 cup yogurt (plain or greek works)
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix the dressing ingredients together (if you are making) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the coleslaw and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Let marinate at least 1 hour or up to 8.