I had so much fun developing and sharing easy kid friendly Halloween recipes this year. We are obsessed with everything Halloween over here which motivated me to find and develop fun recipes that weren’t desserts. This way we could incorporate halloween in other meals!
I kicked off the Easy Kid Friendly Halloween Recipes with Monster Avocado Toasts! This has the bonus of being healthy too – they get all of the nutritional benefits from the avocado powerhouse.
Monster Avocado Toast
- Favorite Toast
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- Bananas or Cherrios or Candy Eyes
- Raisins and/or Dates
Next up are my personal favorite – Halloween themed potatoes! These make potatoes for dinner a lot more fun!! I simply slice the potatoes about 1/4 inch thick and use mini cookie cutters to cut the shapes out and bake! The adults ate the scraps 🙂
- 1-2 large red potatoes
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (made less because of shape was less flat and I got less per potato)
- Olive oil cooking spray
1. Cut each potato about 1/4 inch thick
2. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters
3. Place on greased cookie sheet
4. Spray with olive oil spray
5. Sprinkle with salt
6. Bake at 375 for 25-30 mins
1 large flat red = 30 shapes
2 medium sweet = 18 pumpkins
Mummy Hot Dogs!!
3 Simple Ingredients and an easy weeknight dinner my kids were super excited about!! I normally do not like to make 2 dinners, but I used these on a night we had leftovers as well and we all had the same sides. They are also on the menu again this week for a night we are out. I cut them in half and brought them to a Halloween Party last year and plan on doing the same this year! Savanna and John enjoyed helping as well – check out this video to watch 🙂
- 12 Uncured Hot Dogs
- 1 Package Immaculate Baking crescent dough (you can use any crescent dough, I just like their ingredients better)
- Candy Eyes
1. Using a pizza wheel cut your dough into strips
2. Wrap your hot dogs like a mummy
3. Add eyes
4. Bake at 375 for 10 mins
Monster Face on Glass: Use dry erase or wine markers on glasses or plastic tumblers to make monster faces – Savanna & John had fun creating their own
Monster Face on top: this worked well for us on one smoothie and sank on another
Two thin banana slices with mini chocolate chips & candy corns for a mouth
You can choose from one of these 3 recipes or your own favorite green smoothie.