I am excited to share my easy family friendly easy slow cooker ground beef tacos. I decided to develop these on the request of Savanna after she had beef tacos at school. We have been making slow cooker tacos but not ground beef tacos like I used to have as a kid. I am glad she asked me to make them!
When I did some research all of the recipes I found required some browning of the meat and a lot of chopping. I really wanted this meal to be on the list of a very EASY family friendly slow cooker meal! Additionally, a lot of them used pre-made mixes which have added sugar and preservatives in them. Other recipes had a ton of spices which my family does not like so I decided to develop my own 🙂
Why I Love these Family Friendly Easy Slow Cooker Ground Beef Tacos!
- Everyone in our house loves taco night and they are a meal that can be adapted easily for our entire family to love.
- They take between 5-10 minutes to prepare.
- When you come home all you have to is create an assembly line and a simple salad and you are done. The entire meal takes maybe 15 minutes of hands on time!
- These are a flexible and work for a variety of diets. Eat them on whole 30 and paleo diets when paired with a salad or vegetable. They can be adapted for gluten and dairy allergies.
Kids: 1. Hard Taco Shells (365 Yellow Corn has minimal ingredients and no additives) or flour tortillas. Paired with avocado (2), shredded cheese (about ½ cup) and sour cream (a few tbs) and a side salad or corn.
2. Make a Nachos with the leftovers!
Adults: a salad with shredded cheese (if you are not on a special diet), tomato, avocado and corn (if not on a special diet). Roasted cauliflower works great too!
2. I also love using peppers as shells and serving it with my Avocado, Corn, Tomato and Cheddar Salad!
Lastly, you can make it into a taco bar for everyone to help themselves or as a fun way to entertain!
Make sure to put this EASY family friendly slow cooker ground beef tacos on your menu this week!
- 2 lbs Extra Lean I used 93% Ground Beef (Turkey can be used) I actually like do 50% turkey and 50% lean beef.
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced about 1 tsp
- 1 cup of water
- 4 TBS tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Harissa or ½ tsp chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp cumin
- 4 - 8 oz vegetable 4 oz pureed vegetable OR 1 cup riced cauliflower or shredded zucchini this is optional
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together water, tomato paste, vegetable puree, minced garlic and spices
- Place ground meat into a 6-qt slow cooker and break up into chunks.
- Pour the liquid and spice mixture over and mix until it is evenly distributed.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours (my slow cooker happens to have a medium setting for 6 hours that I like to use and put on right before lunch).
- Mix and break up the large chunks halfway through the cooking time
- Assemble to serve tacos in hard or soft shells with your favorite toppings - see suggestions in the notes!