Perfectly juicy and delicious grilled garlic skirt steak that requires very little hands on and cooking time! If you are having a bbq this weekend or any time this summer make sure to put this simple grilled garlic skirt steak on your menu – it will be sure to wow your guests! I love how little hands on and cooking time this requires and which allows you to have more time hanging with your friends and family. You need less than 5 ingredients to put this together and a simple formula of 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 garlic clove per lb of meat.
Simply cover the steak with the oil, salt and garlic and then marinate the meat for 4-6 hours or over night. Then grill about 4 minutes per side.
Last is the most important step for a perfectly juicy steak. Sprinkle lightly with salt and let it rest before you cut it! This is delicious on its own, but if you like to serve your steak with a sauce it goes great with pesto. You can make your own (spinach pesto or regular pesto) or my favorite one is the one from Costco.
If you are looking for more grilling recipes you can check all of mine out here.
- 3 lbs skirt steak
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: Pesto for Serving
- Option: If your steak is really long you can cut the pieces in half so they are easier to handle.
- Place the skirt steak in a large resealable bag or glass baking dish
- Add the minced garlic to the olive oil and pour over the steak and then sprinkle the salt over (try to evenly distribute)
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight
Cook the Steak:
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees
- Place the steak over the hot part of the grill and grill 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 130-135 degrees
- Using your hands rub the olive oil and salt all over steak to make sure to cover all the meat
- When the steak is done, transfer it to a cutting board and sprinkle lightly with salt and let it rest on a platter for 5-10minutes before cutting (I usually cover it with foil to rest - this is the most important part!!)
- To serve, slice the steak thinly and against the grain - Option to serve with a pesto on the side