Healthy No Bake Brownie Energy Bites made with pumpkin and sunflower seed butter for school safe lunchbox treats! They only have 4 ingredients and come together in one bowl without a food processor. These bites are gluten free and vegan so they are great for a variety of diets! As with many of my recipes this recipe is adaptable.
Adaptations for No Bake Healthy Brownie Energy Bites
- Swap the oat flour for a paleo blend, coconut of almond flour and honey for maple syrup to make them paleo friendly (they are not school safe with a nut flour)
- These are super yummy when made with peanut butter, but not school safe
- You can use any seed or nut butter
- They can be rolled into no bake cookies instead of balls
In the spirit of Halloween this week I thought it would be fun to roll them into witches hats and bats.
Roll the dough into a square and then cut cookies out as you would cut out sugar cookies. Do this until all the dough is done. I used medium cookie cutters here, but small ones would be great too!
If you are looking for more Halloween inspiration you can check out my Kid Friendly Halloween Recipes and my Halloween themed lunchbox 🙂
- Measure all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix until throughly combined
- Roll into balls using a small cookie scoop or for no bake “cookies” roll dough 1/4 inch thick into a square and cut out using desired cookie cutter (large cookie cutters are pictured above, but we like the small ones best)
- Chill for 1 hour
- Any nut or seed butter will work in this recipe, but it won't be school safe if you use a nut butter.
- Maple Syrup can be used for honey.
- Coconut, Almond or a Paleo Flour Blend can be used but it will not be school safe.