Healthy No Bake Brownie Energy Bites made with pumpkin and sunflower seed butter for school safe lunchbox treats! They only have 4 ingredients and come together in one bowl without a food processor. These bites are gluten free and vegan so they are great for a variety of diets! As with many of my recipes this recipe is adaptable.
Adaptations for No Bake Healthy Brownie Energy Bites
- Swap the oat flour for a paleo blend, coconut of almond flour and honey for maple syrup to make them paleo friendly (they are not school safe with a nut flour)
- These are super yummy when made with peanut butter, but not school safe
- You can use any seed or nut butter
- They can be rolled into no bake cookies instead of balls
In the spirit of Halloween this week I thought it would be fun to roll them into witches hats and bats.
Roll the dough into a square and then cut cookies out as you would cut out sugar cookies. Do this until all the dough is done. I used medium cookie cutters here.
And then made a batch with small cookie cutters for snacks.
If you are looking for more Halloween inspiration you can check out my Kid Friendly Halloween Recipes and my Halloween themed lunchbox 🙂
- Measure all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix until throughly combined
- Roll into balls using a small cookie scoop or for no bake “cookies” roll dough 1/4 inch thick into a square and cut out using desired cookie cutter (large cookie cutters are pictured above, but we like the small ones best)
- Chill for 1 hour
- Any nut or seed butter will work in this recipe, but it won't be school safe if you use a nut butter.
- Maple Syrup can be used for honey.
- Coconut, Almond or a Paleo Flour Blend can be used but it will not be school safe.