This quick & healthy Herbed Grilled Chicken marinade is on the menu very often in the summer! It is packed with flavor thanks to the mix of fresh herbs. I love making extra grilled chicken for a leftover night or picnic night. Many summer nights are played by ear so I like to cook a big batch on Monday and can use when we need it over the week (lunch, picnic nights or dinners). I am not a fan of reheated meat and find that grilled chicken cold is still good!
This herbed grilled chicken marinade comes together with 5 simple ingredients.
- Chicken: this works with chicken breasts, thighs or tenders
- Lemon Juice – you can buy it pre-squeezed to make it easier or substitute a little more vinegar if you are out
- Balsamic Vinegar – red wine vinegar works as well
- Herbs: Your favorite blend!! I love rosemary, sage, thyme (when I have) and basil
- Garlic: if you are short on time or don’t have you can use garlic powder instead
You can measure all of the ingredients in a bowl or dish and then just marinate for 2-6 hours and grill! Super easy and great for the summer especially. I love making a batch of my mixed everything bagel seasoning veggies to go with it.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, tenders or thighs
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vingar
- 2 tbsp olive oil or oil of choice
- 3 garlic cloves minced or 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 handful of mixed herbs about 2tbsp chopped
- Chop herbs
- Measure and mix balsamic vinegar, lemon juice,olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs and salt into a plastic bag or shallow glass dish
- Add chicken and shake (if using bag) or toss to coat
- Let marinade for at least one hour or up to one day