Make your busy mornings easier with these easy make ahead breakfast burritos. You can make them ahead and pop them in the fridge or freezer. Protein packed for a great start to your day. Make a double batch on a free morning and then save the rest for later.
Why I love these:
- They come together with 5-6 ingredients
- They are also good for on the go lunches or even a last minute breakfast for dinner on a busy weeknight.
- Perfect for when you are having a crowd for the holidays as an easy breakfast to make for a group of people ahead of time!
Tips for Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos!
- You can make them with turkey bacon, bacon or crumbled sausage whichever you prefer
- Customize your veggies – almost any veggies work here. I like to use the spinach because it is less work; no chopping and I can fold it into the eggs or put it in raw.
- Gluten Free: use your favorite gluten free tortilla – Siete Foods makes a burrito size. Note: you need to warm this up before you roll them.
- Dairy free use your favorite dairy free cheese!
- If you prefer breakfast sandwiches over wraps check out my make ahead breakfast sandwiches.
- If you prefer less carbs check out my turkey bacon, egg and cheese muffins.
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 burrito size tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or your favorite blend
- 1/2 lb or 6-8 slices of turkey bacon alternative you can do crumbled sausage or regular bacon
- 1 - 2 cups veggies optional - spinach or cooked onions and peppers
Cook Turkey Bacon - skip if using sausage
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean up
- Lay out the bacon evenly on the sheet pan
- Bake on the bottom rack for 10 minutes.
- Rotate pan and move to the top rack and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes
Cook your Eggs + Sausage & Vegetables if Using
- Heat a large skillet to medium/high heat. Then grease with olive oil or cooking spray. If using bacon skip to step 3.
- If using onions and peppers or breakfast sausage: season with 1/4 tsp of salt and cook them first (can do all 3 together) in the heated skillet until lightly browned and vegetables are soft.
- Crack 10 eggs into a medium size bowl and then salt and pepper (optional). Whisk until combined.
- Pour eggs into the same heated pan and use a spatula to scramble until fully cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Lay out a tortilla and scoop about 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs into the center, sprinkle with about 2 tbsp of cheese, crumble a slice of bacon and add veggies if you are using (see photo above). Note if you are using a gluten free tortilla you need to warm them before assembling - they cracked and fell apart if I tried to use them straight from the fridge.
- Make your burritos by folding two sides in and then rolling.
- Tightly wrap each burrito in Saran Wrap or tin foil, making sure there are no pockets of air. Then, write the name and date on each burrito for later!
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Eat right away or place in a sealed Tupperware or ziplock. Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze until you are ready to eat (up to 1 month).
- Unwrap and place on a microwave safe plate.
- Place in the microwave for 2 minutes, flipping every minute. Every microwave is a little different so if it is not hot continue to heat for increments of 30 seconds.
Did you make this recipe?I would love to see your creations! Snap a picture and tag @kristanwatson or #foodplaygo on Social Media!