I wanted to make a treat for Valentine’s Day, but since my kitchen is under renovations I had to decide on a recipe that was fast, easy and all the ingredients could be easily be brought upstairs to make. My answer – one bowl Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites! These bites don’t require a food processor and can come together with 4-6 ingredients. I normally make these with only oats, flax, maple and a seed/nut butter and they are favorite staple around here! The recipe is simplified from my Speedy Lactation Energy Bites. As a treat for Valentine’s Day I decided to add raisins and mini chocolate chips and for fun I cut some into hearts. I made this batch with sunbutter so I could use them as Valentine’s lunchbox treat.
This Valentine’s Day themed lunch box was for Savanna.
This Valentine’s Day themed lunch box was for John
If we they are not going to school we love to make these Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites with a mix of nut butters (peanut butter + almond butter or peanut butter + cashew butter or almond butter + cashew butter). It is amazing how easy and fast these can come together. For the winter they are also a great snack on a ski lift.
Hope you ❤️.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup seed or nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 TBS of mini chocolate chips optional
- 2 TBS of raisins optional
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Using a mini scoop, measure out bites and roll into balls OR for no bake “cookies” roll dough 1/2 inch thick and cut out using desired cookie cutter (a heart is used above). I cut a bunch of hearts and then rolled the scraps as balls.
- Eat right away or chill for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks (if they last you more than 3 days)