Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Roasted Veggies is a quick and easy go to weeknight dinner. All you need is 5-7 ingredients and 1 pan for this yummy meatless meal! To boost the protein and flavor I add chickpeas and grated gruyere, but they are optional extras.
This dish is a great fast weeknight meal. All you have to do is:
- Gather your ingredients and chop your veggies (buy pre-chopped to make this even easier).
- Put everything on the sheet pan and toss with olive oil, garlic and salt.
- Bake, add cheese, bake again.
I love how super flexible this meal and it is adaptable to your families preferences and dietary needs.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Roasted Veggies Tips & Adaptations
- Gluten Free – I have tested this with cauliflower gnocchi, but I believe other gluten free gnocchi should work as well. If you have the time I find the frozen cauliflower gnocchi takes a little longer to get crispy so when I have the extra time I put it in 10 minutes earlier than everything else.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi – I have tried numerous store brands and only one we like is the Trader Joe’s.
- Dairy Free – I think the cheese adds an extra layer of flavor, but you can easily eliminate the cheese.
- Chickpeas – These add a protein boost, but feel free to skip them if you are not a fan.
- Veggies – Use your favorite combination. I like to change what I use seasonably. It is also a great end of week meal, using up whatever you may have leftover.
If you love quick and easy sheet pan meals make sure to check out more of mine here.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb potato gnocchi or cauliflower gnocchi tested with Trader Joe’s. (I used 1lb regular + 1 bag (120z) trader joes cauliflower). See note below if using frozen gnocchi)
- 1 1/2 lb chopped vegetables of choice broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, peppers, zucchini (feel free to use as many or as little variety as you would like, you will see more in my photos because I wanted to show you the variety of options
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp cloves minced garlic
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed optional
- 3-4 ounces grated cheese grated gruyere and/or parmesan - I used a combination (optional - but I think it really adds to the depth of flavor)
Optional Serving Toppings
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Toasted Pinenuts
- Shredded Basil
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper (helps with clean-up)
- Chop vegetables of choice into 1 inch pieces (can leave string beans whole).
- See cooking note if you are using frozen cauliflower gnocchi. Add vegetables, gnocchi and chickpeas (if using) to the sheet pan - drizzle over olive oil, salt and minced garlic and then mix (I use my hands) until throughly combined.
- Cook at 400 on the bottom rack for 15 minutes.
- Take out and add cheese (if using) and mix to throughly combine, place back in the oven on the top rack for an additional 10-15 minutes for regular gnocchi and 20-25 minutes for cauliflower gnocchi.
- Serve immediately, option to add extra cheese, toasted pine nuts and / or basil. (Note: You can cook this ahead of time. Take out with about 5 minutes to go, let cool to room temperature and cover and leave at room temperature. When ready to serve heat it up for 10 minutes at 400.
Frozen (Cauliflower) Gnocchi Note: I find the frozen cauliflower gnocchi takes a little longer to get crispy so when I have the extra time I put it in 10 minutes earlier than everything else.
Did you make this recipe?I would love to see your creations! Snap a picture and tag @kristanwatson or #foodplaygo on Social Media!