For 5 Ingredient Friday I am sharing a super easy Sheet Pan Meal with only 5 ingredients! Crispy Gnocchi and Broccoli are flavored with juicy sausage to come together for a yummy meal! Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage & Broccoli has only 5-10 minutes of prep work and can adapted for gluten free, paleo and whole 30 diets! If you want to watch a quick video on how I make this you can check it out here.
I love this recipe as an easy weeknight meal. You can be prepare it ahead of time (keep it in the fridge uncooked). Then you can pop the pan into the oven when you get home from your afternoon activities. To save time you can even buy your broccoli pre-chopped. If not all you have to do is chop your broccoli and slice your sausage. Then put the broccoli and gnocchi onto your sheet pan lined with parchment paper drizzle some olive oil and salt. Lastly, add your sausage and mix it all together and your prep work is done! I love these pre-cut parchment papers to make lining and clean-up easier.
Adaptations & Tips for Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage & Broccoli
- I use 8 oz of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi and 8 oz of regular gnocchi because I like the mix and we do not follow any special diets. You can do 1 lb (16 oz) of regular gnocchi or 1 lb or less of cauliflower gnocchi (the bag is 12oz from Trader Joe’s).
- Use cauliflower gnocchi or a gnocchi that is made for gluten free, paleo or whole 30 diets if you follow one of those diets. Cappellos is a great option if you don’t have access to cauliflower gnocchi.
- If you remember to defrost the cauliflower gnocchi ahead of time they crisp up better. I don’t always remember to!
- Chicken or Pork Sausage both work great. I make it both ways!
- If you are not broccoli fans you can substitute a different vegetable. String beans, cauliflower or eggplant would work really well!
- My children love parmesan cheese on their broccoli and gnocchi so we add that as a 6th ingredient
But I think the sausage adds enough flavor and it doesn’t need it
Hope this makes a weeknight easier and you enjoy! If you are looking to make crispy cauliflower gnocchi as just a side dish you can check out my post here on how to make it. If you are looking for other easy sheet pan meals check them out here.❤️
- 1 1/4 lbs Mild Sausage Chicken or Pork
- 1 lb Gnocchi or Cauliflower Gnocchi See Note
- 1 lb Chopped Broccoli
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- For easier clean up line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Chop your broccoli into medium size pieces
- Slice you sausage into about 1 inch rounds
- Add the broccoli and gnocchi to your sheet pan
- Drizzle the olive oil over both (1 tbsp for the the broccoli and 1 tbsp for the gnocchi)
- Sprinkle the salt over both (1/2 tsp for the the broccoli and 1/2 tsp for the gnocchi)
- Mix with a large spoon, spatula or your hands to combine
- Add in the sausage and mix to combine
- Put in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes (halfway through the baking time - stir everything to make sure they don't stick)
- Optional extra ingredient - serve with parmesan cheese
- Gnocchi - I use 8 oz of Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi and 8 oz of regular gnocchi because I like the mix and we do not follow any special diets. You can do 1 lb (16 oz) of regular gnocchi or 1 lb or less of cauliflower gnocchi (the bag is 12oz from Trader Joe's).
- If you are follow a gluten free, paleo or whole 30 diet you need to use all cauliflower gnocchi or a gnocchi that is made for those diets. Cappellos is a great option if you don't have access to cauliflower gnocchi.
- If you remember to defrost the cauliflower gnocchi ahead of time they crisp up a little more but I don't always remember to!
- Check out a quick video on how to make this here.