Who wants a dinner that comes together with 5 ingredients in about 30 minutes with little to no cleanup!! This sheet pan pesto fish and veggies recipe is super versatile and can be made with salmon or any light white fish (tilapia, flounder…). Additionally, you can choose from a variety of vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, string beans, cauliflower…). You also have the option to make your own pesto or simply use your favorite store bought one (I personally love the Costco one!). Plus this can be prepped ahead of time and popped in the oven when you are ready to cook.
Everything comes together on one pan so you don’t even have have to wash a mixing bowl! I made this with my spinach pesto, but as previously stated any store bought pesto works.
Tips & How to Make Sheet Pan Pesto Fish & Veggies
Tip! Fish is not a favorite amongst my children, so when I do cook it for them I try to pair it with things they really like. In this case it was roasted broccoli (one of their favorite vegetables) and sourdough. I chose grape tomatoes because I love the way the burst tomatoes taste with the pesto and fish.
You will not believe how easy this is to make. First, lay out your ingredients and toss the vegetables with olive oil and salt. Then spread nestle your fish in and spread the pesto on. Finally you bake for 12-15 minutes and that is it!
I chose to do half Salmon and half Tilapia because we have different fish preferences in our household and I wanted to show you that this recipe is flexible. My husband loves salmon, but I do not. My boys usually have a mix and the girls prefer Tilapia. The boys love having extra pesto as well.
My kids enjoyed this with fresh sourdough, but it is substantial enough on its own. You could also serve this with a small pasta or rice.
- 1.5 lbs of fish salmon or tilapia or any other thin white fish
- 2 lbs of veggies Pictured is about 1 1/2 lbs broccoli + 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3-1/2 cup pesto
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425
- Chop your vegetables into small pieces (tomatoes can be left whole)
- Mix the vegetables with olive oil and salt on the sheet pan
- Nestle the fish in and spread 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp of pesto per piece of fish
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers 135-140 degrees for the fish. If the vegetables are not done take the fish off and cover and let the vegetables cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Option to serve extra pesto and with toasted bread or rice or pasta