For those who follow along in my stories you know that it is spinach week over here and we are learning about how it helps our body (more on that to come later in the week) and incorporating different ways to eat it every day this week. Inspired by Veggies Bud Club today I adapted my easy oat cookies to include spinach and they were a hit and such a fun way to eat your greens!
These simple spinach oat cookies have only 4 ingredients, they are gluten free, dairy free and come together super speedy. All you have to do is add everything to your a blender or food processor and process them together until everything is combined. It is that simple.
We enjoyed them as breakfast this morning with fruit and yogurt. They also make a great breakfast on the go or afternoon snack.
Tips & Adaptations for Spinach Oat Cookies
- Banana – if you don’t like, don’t have or don’t want you can use apple sauce instead!
- Peanut Butter – you can use any nut or seed butter
- Other add-in’s: Chocolate Chips (especially if your child is hesitant about a green cookie), raisins, nuts, seeds, cinnamon
- Freeze: You can freeze these so while you have your food processor out make a double batch!
- 2 handfuls about 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 large banana or 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter or any nut or seed butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place spinach, banana (or applesauce) and peanut butter in a food processor, mini processor or blender and blend until a puree
- Add in oats and pulse just to combine
- Scoop tbsp size cookies on a spreadsheet and bake for 10 mins
- Let cool 2 minutes before enjoying!