Learn how to make turkey cake pops with an easy healthy no bake vanilla cake pop! The cake pop center is dairy & gluten free and I used Hu Gems for a healthy chocolate coating. All of the details and links to products are below. Most of these items you can also find at Michaels!
Turkey Cake pops
- 3-4 oz of chocolate baking chips – I used hu gems (you can also buy these at Costco now). Alternatively you can buy candy coatings. (Tip for a smooth consistency – if the chocolate seems thick you can add 1 tsp of coconut oil)
- Feathers: Candy Corns or Almonds
- Nose: Small orange candy round sprinkle or coated sunflower seeds (trader joes sells these too!) regular sunflower seeds would work too (they just wouldn’t stand out as much) (30)
- Wattle – Sugar Hearts (10)
- Eyes – Candy Eyes (20)
- Lolli-pop sticks or toothpicks (10)
- Food Processor for the Cake Bites
- Medium Scoop – Not necessary but helpful
- Small – Medium Microwaveable Glass Bowl
- Healthy no bake vanilla version is below
- One bowl no bake brownie bites work as well!
- Your Favorite Cake Ball
No Bake Vanilla Cake Pop Recipe:
- 1 cup oat oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp almond butter (cashew butter works too)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 10 pitted dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In food processor, combine almond flour and oats and process until a fine powder (about 30 seconds)
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, dates, milk, salt and vanilla extract and process until thoroughly combined and forms a “dough”
- Using a tbsp or medium scoop form into 8-10 balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate
- Add a toothpick or lollipop stick to each ball and place in them in the refrigerator while you prepare the chocolate and set up the remaining ingredients
Dipping & Detail Instructions:
- Set up your turkey details: 3 feathers per turkey (30 almonds or candy corns I did half and half), 10 red hearts, 10 orange candies, 20 eyes and lollipop sticks or tooth picks
- Melt your chocolate:
- Measure your chocolate chips into a glass bowl that can be placed in the microwave
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, take out and stir until there are no chunks and it is smooth. If it is not smooth, microwave in 10-20 second intervals. You can burn your chocolate so be careful to do it in short increments. Every microwave is different but it took mine 1 minute + 30 seconds.
- Take out cake pops
- Dip 1 pop completely into your chocolate and shake off any excess and then place down on parchment
- Add your feathers by pushing them in behind the stick, then add eyes, nose and wattle (press them all lightly on)
- Repeat steps 8&9 until all pops are done
- Once the chocolate has had time to harden, you can keep the cake pops in the refrigerator or enjoy them right away! They can stay at room temperature for a few hours if you are short on refrigerator space.
- I always have a little extra chocolate and make either chocolate covered pretzels or using a silicone mold you can make chocolate crispy cubes (just add Rice Krispies to the chocolate pour in molds and freeze) or peanut butter swirly cups!