For my 3rd appetizer I am sharing an easy pesto crostini appetizer that comes together with only 4 ingredients and can be made in about 20 minutes! This appetizer is festive for the holidays and the perfect 2 bite appetizer for your guests! I find the key to appetizers (and desserts) is for them to be small and easy to pick-up and eat. That is why these are always a crowd pleaser!
Simply slice your bread to about 1 inch thick, place the pieces on a rimmed baking sheet, and brush with olive oil (I use this silicone brush). If you have an olive oil spray you like you can take another short-cut and spray them. Bake the bread for 10 minutes and slice your tomatoes in half. When the bread is done baking, let it cool for 5 minutes. Top with your favorite pesto and tomatoes and you are done!
While the bread is toasting you have the option to make your own favorite pesto. With the long holiday to do list I wanted to keep this simple and bought my favorite one. I love the Whole Foods one, the Costco one if you are serving a big crowd and the Trader Joe’s Vegan one.
If you are looking for other festive, fast and easy appetizers check out my mini cranberry, brie and pistachio bites and mini festive turkey meatballs!
PS – My children loved the toasts plain!
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 2 TBS Olive Oil approximate - see note
- Favorite Pesto about 6 oz
- Cherry Tomatoes about 30 - 1 per crostini
- Pre-heat your oven to 375
- Cut the ends of your bread off slice it into about 1 inch slices - my loaf sliced into 30 pieces
- Arrange bread pieces onto a baking sheet with sides (so they don’t slide off)
- Brush olive oil lightly on each piece of toast.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While bread is cooking cut your cherry tomatoes in half. You will need one tomato per piece of toast.
- Let cool 5 minutes
- Spread about 1 tsp of pesto onto each piece of toast
- Top with two tomato halves and serve!