Creepy Crawly fun….Spiders, Ghosts, Mummies & Monster Cake Pops that are healthy, easy and perfect for a halloween party, but simple enough for weekday playdate or healthy treat (lunch box approved)! The cake ball center is no bake as well as nut, dairy, and gluten free.
Learn how to make these healthy and easy halloween cake pops. I used regular candy coatings this time, but have used Hu Gems for a healthier chocolate coating. For a healthier white chocolate coating I would suggest these. All of the details and links to products are below. Most of these items you can also find at Michaels!
Healthy & Easy Halloween Cake Pops
Coating & Details:
- 3-4 oz of chocolate baking chips – Option to use hu gems (you can also buy these at Costco now). Alternatively you can buy candy coatings. (Tip for a smooth consistency – if the chocolate seems thick you can add 1 tsp of coconut oil)
- Pretzel Sticks (spider legs & mummy arms)
- Ghost Eyes and Mouth – I drew with edible pen’s but can also be done with raisins.
- Eyes – Candy Eyes
- Lolli-pop sticks or toothpicks (10)
- Food Processor for the Cake Bites
- Medium Scoop – Not necessary but helpful
- Small – Medium Microwaveable Glass Bowl
Cake Balls (10)
- Healthy no bake, nut free vanilla version is below
- One bowl no bake brownie bites work as well!
- Your Favorite Cake Ball
NUT FREE NO BAKE VANILLA CAKE POP RECIPE:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened oat milk vanilla almond milk (any milk will work depending on your dietary needs)
Cake Ball Instructions:
- In food processor, combine oat flour, dates, vanilla and 3 tbsp of milk and and process until thoroughly combined and forms a “dough”. If it is still crumbly add one more tbsp of milk.
- Using a tbsp or medium scoop form into 8-10 balls (about the size of a golf ball) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate
- Add a toothpick or lollipop stick to each ball and place in them in the refrigerator while you prepare the chocolate and set up the remaining ingredients
DIPPING & DETAIL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Set up your character details:
- Spider details: 2 candy eyes & 8 pretzel stick halves per spider
- Mummy Details: 2 Eyes
- Ghost Details: Raisins or Ameri-color Pens
- Monster Details: Eye & Pretzel sticks or any fun detail you want to add
- Melt your chocolate:
- Measure your chocolate chips into a glass bowl that can be placed in the microwave
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, take out and stir until there are no chunks and it is smooth. If it is not smooth, microwave in 10-20 second intervals. You can burn your chocolate so be careful to do it in short increments. Every microwave is different but it took mine 1 minute + 30 seconds.
- Take out cake pops
- Dip each pop completely into your chocolate and shake off any excess:
- Spider: Dip in dark chocolate, add pretzel stick pieces immediately and eyes before they dry.
- Mummy: dip in white chocolate, add eyes immediately before they dry then drizzle on extra white chocolate after it has dried.
- Ghost: Dip in white chocolate and allow the chocolate to completely dry and then draw on eyes with edible pen OR add raisins before they dry.
- Monsters: Dip in white or dark chocolate and add pretzel sticks or eyes before they dry.
- Once the chocolate has had time to harden, you can keep the cake pops in the refrigerator or at room temperature! They can stay at room temperature for a few days, but then should be transferred to the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- I always have a little extra chocolate and make either chocolate covered pretzels or using a silicone mold you can make chocolate crispy cubes (just add Rice Krispies to the chocolate pour in molds and freeze) or chocolate cups.