To keep with routine we have been having pizza every Friday night, but some weeks Chris and I would like a lighter version. This easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe comes together with 5 ingredients in one bowl. It is a super speedy recipe with the help of frozen riced cauliflower. It is a great alternative for your weekly pizza night if you are gluten free or looking for a lighter meal.
I used to buy a cauliflower crust from Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Now that I am not getting there I decided to try and see if I can make a fast one. Since I am making regular pizza as well for my kids I needed it to be fast and easy and mostly staple ingredients. I decided to try frozen riced cauliflower because I keep a stock of Costco. (As I side note I keep it stocked to have as quick sides (as in this slow cooker meal), for smoothies (like this one and this one) or for muffins). You could also use Green Giant or Trader Joes or any other riced cauliflower.
The key to this Easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe is making sure to get all the water out of the cauliflower! Check out my video here to see. Once you are done baking your crust enjoy it any way! Have fun being creative with your toppings – it is a blank canvas! It can be a traditional pizza. It also works great as a salad pizza crust with arugula and parmesan. Tonight we enjoyed with wilted spinach and manchego. Happy Weekend everyone!
- 1 bag of riced cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper
- Cook riced cauliflower according to instructions (most bags are 5 minutes in the microwave)
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Line a large bowl with a linen towel
- Pour the cooked cauliflower into the towel lined bowl
- Gather up the the towel and squeeze as much water as you out of the cauliflower into the bowl (this is important because it will be soggy if you don’t)
- Dump the water out and transfer the strained cauliflower into the bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined (it will not resemble a regular dough)
- Spread the mixture into a circle or a rectangle onto your parchment lined sheet pan and using your hands press into your desired shape
- 1Bake for 18-20 minutes
- 1Add your desired toppings (if salad you are donif sauce and cheese etc bake for an additional 5-8 minutes (until melted)