I changed my plan this week to share these Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebabs with you because they were so good! My children do not love grilled chicken and they asked for more!!
Why we loved these Healthy and Simple Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kebabs
I found this recipe great for the summer and busy weeks – marinate it early in the week, so it’s ready to grill one night when you get home. It is also great cold / room temperature on salads for lunch so it will not go to waste if you grill it ahead of time and decide to be lazy and hang at the pool, beach or playground! These are also a great double duty meal. It takes only 15 minutes to prep and I make a big batch so we can have some for a leftover night as well! Check out the video :).
If you love making big batches of grilled chicken you can check out my other grilled chicken marinades here or check out this post from Gimme Some Oven with 4 chicken marinades. I like to serve these with simple sides such as pick your veggie, simple summer pasta or wild rice and zucchini.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 8 oz 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cut the chicken into 1 ½ inch cubes
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers (about 5 – 6 pieces per skewer)
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a long shallow dish (I used a 9x13 baking disand whisk together
- Roll/shake the chicken around in the marinade to completely cover the chicken (this is messy)
- Cover and let marinade for at least an hour but 4 + hours is ideal (I put together in the morning and then grilled that evening)
- Prepare the grill at a medium to high heat
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes and then flip and grill the other side for 5 minutes
2. Add the chicken pieces to the plastic bag and let them marinate off of the skewers (4+ hours)
3. Thread the chicken onto the skewers right before you are ready to grill Note 2: Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking, you may want to add a little cayenne pepper - I keep it lighter for my children Note 3: The yield depends on how much your family eats. This was enough for dinner one night and some leftovers a 2nd night for us. There was some extra coating and could probably do a little over 2lbs.