Continuing with my lunch theme I wanted to share kids breakfast for lunch ideas! I love making one or two big bulk breakfast items on the weekend and then using them for fun lunches.
Kids Breakfast for Lunch Ideas & Tips!
- Almost all of these items can also be frozen as well so you can even take the time 1 – 2 times month to make big batches for breakfast and lunch variety.
- You don’t have to make it yourself you can buy your favorite frozen, waffles, pancakes, or French toast and use them to add variety into lunch.
- I follow the same method of starting with a main and then adding in a fruit, veggie and small snack.
- Turkey Bacon is usually our extra protein of choice for these lunches but cheese is often added and you could also add ham or nuts / seeds.
- We also love adding in a mini muffin as a snack with the egg ones. Some of our favorites are:
- Banana Cauliflower
- Avocado Chocolate Chip
- Spinach Banana – Monster Muffins
- I love using the bentgo boxes for these for the dipping section
- BAGEL, BACON (we mostly do turkey) & HARD BOILED EGG (don’t freeze)
2. FRENCH TOAST STICKS
3. EGG MUFFINS – make with cheese & turkey bacon and/or veggies
4. WAFFLES – I like to serve my zucchini waffle ones best for lunch if we have and cutting these into strips or making sandwiches
5. PANCAKE SANDWICHES – I slice them in half and add cream cheese and honey (my boys prefer a nut butter and honey if we are home). You could also make them into pancake tacos with yogurt & fruit! We love this pancake recipe the best!