If you cannot tell my children LOVE Halloween (almost as much as Christmas) and really get into the spirit of it. Each year I have created a few new recipes for the season and curate a new round up. See below for the 2022 kids halloween recipes & ideas. Also make sure to check out this years halloween week themed dinner menu!
2022 Kids Halloween Recipes & Ideas
New Recipes this Year
Spooky Halloween Snack Board
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese Ghosts
- Carrot Fingers (I inserted baby carrots into some plastic fingers)
- Olives & Candy Eyes
- Guacamole & candy eyes
- Salsa & Candy Eyes
- Clementine Pumpkins (peeled and celery for stem)
- Dates or dried fruit of choice
- Extra plastic Halloween themed decor (spiders, skulls etc…)
Sheet Pan Jack O’ Lantern Quesadillas & Witch’s Brew
Make sure to check out the post for all the fun ways you can devour these quesadillas!
Mummy Naan Pizzas
Check out the details here on how to make Naan Pizzas. Instead of shredded mozzarella you will need sliced mozzarella cut into strips. You will also need 4-5 kalamata olives slices for the eyes.
Monster Avocado Toast
- Favorite Toast
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- Bananas or Cherrios or Candy Eyes
- Raisins and/or Dates
A personal fun favorite. Ingredients are below and you can find the full details in this post.
- 1-2 large red potatoes
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (made less because of shape was less flat and I got less per potato)
- Olive oil cooking spray
Mummy Hot Dogs!!
I have cut them in half for toddlers or for a party appetizer – full details can be found here.
- 12 Uncured Hot Dogs
- 1 Package Immaculate Baking crescent dough (you can use any crescent dough, I just like their ingredients better)
- Candy Eyes
Frozen bananas dipped in yogurt to make ghosts! Find the full recipe details here. These are a fun snack, healthy treat or we have even eaten them with breakfast!
Breakfast & Lunch Ideas
You can choose from one of these 3 recipes or your own favorite green smoothie.
Monster Face on Glass: Use dry erase or wine markers on glasses or plastic tumblers to make monster faces – Savanna & John had fun creating their own
Monster Face on top: this worked well for us on one smoothie and sank on another
Two thin banana slices with mini chocolate chips & candy corns for a mouth
Mini Ghost Pita Bites
(I get these mini naan at Costco)
Quesadillas & Banana Ghosts
Cheese Ghosts, Mummy Apples, Jack’o’Lantern Peppers and my Healthy Brownie Bite Bat
Ghost and Bat Toast with Clementine Pumpkins
Snacks & Healthy Treats
Witch’s Hat & Bat Cheerio Bites
Rolled and cut into hats & bats!
Some of these items are great ideas for class parties or to take to a Halloween gathering as well. It is great to have some healthy options to fill up on to help prevent eating too much candy.
Kids Healthy Halloween Recipes to take to parties
- I like putting the banana ghosts and mummy apples on popsicle sticks
- Jack’o’Lantern Peppers are fun to fill with dip or guacamole
- Clementine pumpkins are really simple and a fun favorite
- Mummy Hot Dogs are a huge hit (not the healthiest but it is a non-sweet)!
- Halloween Cheese Crackers!
- Mini Ghost Pitas